Saturday 18 May 2013

Scene 1 Complete

Ok so I spent the day modelling out the first scene. I wanted this to be a very details shot because it was in doors. However it did not have to be perfect because I plan to have many closeups of faces in the shot. This is because I want the audience to understand the desperation and emotion of the humans as they decide to pick this planet to travel to in search of resources and a new home to inhabit. I really wanted it to be gloomy and dimly lit by a hologram. Almost as if a torch was being held under the chins of the humans as they stand around the hologram examining it. I also used the same texture and illumination (red) in this scene to show that they are on earth. (this connection will be made by the ships that are flying away from the planet that are colored blue instead of red)

It gives a creepy feeling and with the combination of good animating, this shot will be great. I will also note that the blue orb will be replaced by a hologram of a planet in after effects in post. So it most likely will not be such a solid sphere of light.

Keep in mind that the room will not have a roof to save time. This was planned in advance during the storyboard because the whole shot will be of the upper torsos (face included of the humans standing around the hologram.) I am glad I worked this out earlier as it will greatly reduce the time it would take to model and UV.

Here is what I drafted out today.


No comments:

Post a Comment