Sunday 19 May 2013

Cant Sleep

For a few months now I've been working nonstop almost from the time I wake up to around 3 am in the morning and its really takings its toll on me now. Sleeping pattern is absolutely demented so what else can I do but more work? Perhaps something towards studio?

I suppose with the mood I'm in lately I had to express it somehow through CG. The pieces of puzzle (for the rig) just weren't fitting together as they should. And so I stepped back for a minute and decided to rearrange the puzzle. I imported the hand mesh into the scene and duplicate it numerous times around the rig. Using the facial rig I played around with expressions until I found one that suited the atmosphere - FEAR.

For some reason I imagined my character in a dark dungeon with giants all around him. I wanted to push the rig and try and get some exaggerated facial expressions to fit the mood of terror.

I guess this is the feeling I'm getting now knowing that I wont get my short film in on time. Despite nonstop learning and hard work it seems it will not pay off. The rendering alone is going to take a week and I haven't even put it all together yet... Perhaps I have bitten off more than a can chew for the time we have been allocated.

Here is what I came up with:




No comments:

Post a Comment