Tuesday 14 May 2013

Further Subsurface Scattering study

For the head of the character in my animation I wanted a skin look and hence the SSS shader was perfect once again to achieve this result. As you have seen from previous posts I have retopologized my head for animation. Not only that but I baked out displacement, bump, and texture maps for the head. I have then attached this maps into the SSS shader and tweaked its settings to simulate a look that indicated blood underneath the skin. When light hits the skin it is reflected back by the fluids underneath the skin to bring a bit of color into shadows. Overall I am extremely happy with the outcome. The head is alsmost ready for facial rigging as soon as I combine the eye and the head together.

Here is the final result of the combination of maps and shaders applied to the face:




No comments:

Post a Comment