Saturday 24 September 2011

Lazer Cutting Round 2

I decided to just use paper for the first few attempts just to make sure the printer was working properly before i wasted anymore plastic. FOR ONCE it actually worked, so i chucked in my plastic and for some reason, it decided not to print anything rastarised. The technition (i think) in the lab has been completely rude the entire time I have been in there and has kicked me out on more than one occasion for absolutely no reason and so I haven't been able to get any of my printing done as well. I think it is extremely unfair of BCT to limit us to printing on just the last week of the holiday, especially when there are NO SUPERVISES to help print. And we are not allowed to print without one I am told. I am going to go try get the 3D labs to help me out, but if they cant I think it would be appropriate to give us an extension to get our lazer cutting done with James around instead of the current people in the lazer cutting room who are no help at all.

I did manage to get one section of my CD case done however, but it was just a practice attempt. I am very glad i did get this part done as I found out that the measurement was off by about 1/5 of a mm and so the CD didn't fit in properly. The depth was also very hard to regulate, as I needed it to be an exact depth of a CD. After a bit of trial and error I found that if the lazer was on 100% power and 10% speed I could get it to a suitable depth. Other than that, i did waste more plastic so I am going to have to somehow find more for Monday to lazer cut. This is going to get expensive I think.

I may ask James if it would be alright for me to just make 2 or 3 copies instead of 5 as the perspex that I would like to use can get very pricey indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment