Monday 19 September 2011

CD case

Ok, i have finally, kinda, got an idea what I want to go with, I have done a fair bit of development, but since 3D printing costs such a ridiculous amount (especially when we have to make 5 copies) I chose to flag it. Instead I went up to the 3D labs and got myself some perspex plastic which I will use for my project instead. I have been playing around with designs of electric PCB boards in my design, inspired by the new microchips that are now encased in see through plastic. I wish to somehow incorporate layers into the design so that you can peel each layer back 1 by 1 to reveal the CD case inside. I feel it is important to show some kind of progression in the design, ie, the closer you are to the CD the less wires U will see, to show how the CD is trapped within the case. Furthermore, I have also been playing around with the shape of the case and I wanted to use the idea of a coffin. In a way, the coffin represents the death of the CD and how everything is becoming more and more digital these days. This relates to the audio because in the audio it shows how a progression into a more electronic state.

I also wanted to incorporate a blue LED in the case, but it seems that option will not be very likely as having batteries inside the case with random wires would make the design look rather tacky in my opinion.

It is going to be an arduous week ahead ....

No comments:

Post a Comment