Wednesday 28 September 2011

Finally


Ok, so after a lot of trouble I finally was able to cut it all out successfully. However Instead of engraving the CD holder I chose to glue a thin layer of plastic of either side of the middle instead, this saved me a lot of time. I also changed the back design as well as the vectors were too complicated to cut. In order to cut the project I had to import it into rhino and then save it back as a AI and read it into the 3d lab printer. This simplified my issues a great deal. Overall, the design looks extremely slick and i am very happy with what I have produced. I only managed to get two done, but that was because someone had taken the remaining scraps I was going to use from the 3D lab. Nonetheless, this still proves that I was able to manufacture multiple units. The only difference between the two is that the two middle pieces of plastic were white on one and see through on the other. Although I thought this created a whole new look to the case which was a positive aspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment