Wednesday 21 September 2011

Lazer Cutting, Disaster

I decided today that it would  be important to actually test out what I have made in illustrator on the lazer printer. I really didnt want to leave it to the last minute. And BOY am i glad that I did this. The lazer printer was a complete disaster. First of all, it took almost 30 minutes to get the printer to actually cut, when it did, it cut off page. I re adjusted the printer to the right location as defined by the user. Great, everything should be ready now. Wrong, it started to print the persons design that last used the printer. Started to print again, and after cutting out the basic shape, the printer refused to even read the vectorised image and engrave it. I tried to print again, and for some reason it printed in the completely wrong location and cut my original print in half. I asked the supervisor in the room to help and he pretty much gave me to the cold shoulder and told me to leave him alone as he didn't have time to help. So I am at a stand still at the moment,I have no tutors to ask what is wrong because everyone is away and I have no idea if my idea is even able to be printed. Lets hope tomorrow will be a better day.

On a good note, i did manage to print out my CD's  today,



No comments:

Post a Comment