Wednesday 21 September 2011

I have created the illustrator images over the past couple days and everything seems to be going ok. I still am not happy with the design, as it seems rather simple. But on the other hand, i feel that we were asked to create 5 copies for a reason. And that reason is that the paper wants us to create something reproducible and not something that is extraordinarily complex and hard to make. I feel, as a designer, that I could have done a lot more on the aesthetic side of things. Ie in Photoshop, but I really wanted to stray away from 2D images and do something different. I was talking to a friend who does architecture and he informed me that my images were far too complex even after I had simplified them down. To fix this I simply reduced the line weight of the images so that the lazer would only have to do the outlines. This really helped a lot as time is definitively a huge factor in this project. The fact that we have only been able to lazer print in this last week is a pain...

No comments:

Post a Comment