Wednesday 26 September 2012

NEW CHARACTER

Ok so I made the decision to make a whole new character because I was not happy with the original character. Not only was it very high poly but the mesh did not distort well when a skeleton was applied to it. I decided to simplify the character down to be sure that the poly count was under 4k. This would ensure the game would not slow down if it was to be run on a laptop.

I found that with designing low polygon characters it was a lot more challenging because you have to use every polygon efficiently so that the character will distort with the skeleton without artefacts appearing on the mesh. This was harder than I thought it would be. I learned what I needed from the first character so not all was lost from that time spent. I also designed the new character keeping in mind the earlier problems. For example, I made the limbs slimmer which would deform better and studied human anatomy to work out which direction muscles flow in the body to generate more life like rotations and bends.


No comments:

Post a Comment