Wednesday 26 September 2012

Environment Modeling

While working from home I also began working on the crypt model within the game. This modelling is A LOT easier than character modelling as you can block out major shapes with simple objects like walls/floors etc. I'm developing a workflow for buildings where I can reuse objects to save myself a lot of time. This was the first attempt at modelling a building and it turned out better than expected. There are 2 tombs, with stairs in both leading down to a secret room where the player will encounter the 'music box.' This is just one of five scenes in the game that players will encounter. All I need to do is UV map the building and its finished. I have however already given Tim the base mesh for him to play around with and position within the game.

I modelled a few different versions to show the team and find out which one they liked best. Here is the final outcome:





No comments:

Post a Comment