Thursday 16 August 2012

More modelling

Ok so today I made a lot of progress working from home because the group was doing other things. I have been racking my brains as to why I keep encountering problems and I think its because I am trying to make things way too realistic. Our game is not all about the graphics nor is going to be immensly details and close up on the character, hence why I have decided to just freestyle model and try something entirely new.

A few of these attempts were a giant waste of time, but in saying that with every model I make I learn something new which I apply to the next model. Here's a botched concept I was working on earlier today.


And through all the chaos with no reference here's what I came up with today. I am quite pleased with it because it looks like a small child but at the same time there's just SOMETHING creepy about it and I just cant quite put my finger on it which is very fitting to our nightmarish game.
I also attached the head onto the body to see exactly how it all fit together. Overall I am very proud for producing this base mesh, all that is left is to add details such as hair, clothes etc and I'll be ready to rig and animate this character.



No comments:

Post a Comment