Sunday 12 August 2012

GREAT IDEA?

I was just thinking to myself while watching some tutorials online about how to model woody from toy story in Maya. I thought to myself that we could mould our current story about a boy waking up in limbo with a story about a boy who falls asleep and wakes up in a fantasy land where he himself and the environment around him has been transformed into a world of toys and plastic. I was thinking that this would drastically reduce the amount of detail needed in models and make generating things like buildings and structures very easy as it wouldn't require a whole look of minute details to immerse the player. Because at the moment we are looking at a details environment with a not to details model. Which is a bit contradicting. If we were to use toys I I could for example replicate models such as Lego men and apply different textures to the lego men to greatly cut the amount of work needed. Just a thought. I know everyone will hate me for bringing up another concept in the works and mucking things up but regardless it cant help to suggest new things especially when we are stuck in a rut.






No comments:

Post a Comment