Wednesday 1 June 2011

Project 4 - Programming ALMOST Done!





After hours of tedious programming trying to communicate arduino with processing I have finally succeeded in my mission. This aspect was the main feature of our project because without it, the flex sensors would be absolutely useless. I found out that there is a huge different in arduino between the ports A0 and 0, including A5 and 5. When i was using analogRead to record the values, it was generating a string that was vertical in the arduino serial console. This did not coincide with my processing code because my processing code was looking for a string that had a horizontal structure similar to this: xxx,yyy. This is why I could not convert the string into 2 int values within processing. I feel as though i have a much broader understanding of how programs talk with each other  Before this project I didn't even think it was possible to do something like this. Using these values from the flex sensor we can now feed them into a 3d pixel program that I have altered. By doing this I hope that I can change the intensity of the 3D illusion. The code is based on color intensity and vertexes. If I can find a good use for the variables I can convert the texture of surfaces onto the video which will give us a point of view of the city from the materials that are put together to make it. I think this is a great idea and I think it will be easily done from this point onwards. All we need to worry about now is the physical visual presentation rather than the video side of the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment