Tuesday 24 May 2011

Project 4 - More Research WITH SUCCESS

Today I did a lot of research in regards to the video that we are wanting to present. Not only that but we also talked about a physical presentation that we wanted to commit to. In regards to the video, we were mainly focussed on Max Msp. However, although this is a program mainly based on video processing, it is very limited in the fact that you cannot dig deep into your artistic imagination. Vertex shaders are also very hard to use and there is little about them on the internet, thus creating a texture on our video as I wanted would be almost impossible. Numerous posts were made on the cycling74 forum and not a single one was answered. And so I swayed more towards Processing itself. I was unsure of how to run videos in it but I found that there is a library that can be used to process live video feed to be altered. I wanted the pixels to jump out at you depending on how rough the texture is. I found a video on youtube that did exactly that. It turned the pixels into 3D squared that changed depending on color. The intensity could possibly be altered using the data we collect from our flex sensor. In regards to the physical side of things, we thought that we could construct a jenga tower that could be shaken by the data being read to symbolize an earthquake.

No comments:

Post a Comment