Tuesday 14 June 2011

The presentation


All our hours of hard work has finally payed off. Not only that but our presentation was also a success.  We incorporated the hexagon shape into its overall design. We glued still images onto the surface of black hexagons which were then glued onto 3D foam hexagons on the wall to further relate to our project which revolved around 3D.  We also had a light shining from the roof which cast shadows on the walls to further reinforce this fact. The best part about the formal presentation was the fact that we gained vital feedback as to  what the tutors really thought about our design and ideas. The had anxiously been waiting for this, and it gave me a lot more understanding of the project itself and how it could have been improved not only physically but also conceptually. I felt as though the production was a bit too rushed as we only finnished the project a day before we were due to present. I knew that Cory and Tom were doing a lot of the work for the presentation and I offered to help continuously but it since a lot of the work required the 3D workshop to finish cutting out pieces of foam it was necessary that all 4 people went to the 3d lab. I felt unwanted as I had no experience with the lab. I refuse to say that I didn't take part because i did, every time they went up to the that I would come with them, but they didn't want any of my help, yet i still came to show i want to be involved. I edited the visualization and put it all together, helped paint, shopped around for the glue and string to put it all together, programmed the servo to run the phyical visualization,  among many other chores.. So to claim that the group was split in half with one side doing work and the other slacking off would not be true just because 2 members did a lot of the fabrication work. We also only just finished the project before the weekend and during the weekend I was working all through the day. I offered to come in and help after 5pm but no one wanted to stay after that time. I stayed at uni many times late at night but 12pm is my last bus and I literally have to go home after this time. I believe that i did make a large contribution to this group and tried to work as hard as I possibly could 100% percent of the time. Being the programmer I felt distanced from the group as they were always in the 3D lab fabricating the design,  which is why I  think the group felt so much tension near to the end of the project. Nonetheless, up until the presentation we all worked very smoothly. I enjoyed this project, it was  a lot of fun and i enjoyed working with the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment