Tuesday 9 August 2011

The Project is here...

Today on our 4th week into our music paper, we have been introduced to our project. However I was extremely confused as to what we were asked to do. All we have been told is that we need to perform either a performance or an installation in front of the audio foundation. I wish we were given specifics of what exactly is being asked of us, but I guess it could be a positive aspect as we are FINALLY free to dig deep into our creative side which in previous exercises was blocked from us.

We were also greeted with a guest speaker today who really gave me and insight as to how sound art could be applied and used into society. I loved her ideas of incorporating sound into areas that you would never expect to be used. The bridge that had looping sounds of creepy children whispering in the middle of the woods really impressed me. Although I thought she could have expanded on the idea by using interaction instead of just looping sounds. I'm sure it would scare countless people! By the end of the lecture I had a rough idea of what exactly an installment is. I now need to go home and brainstorm ideas for how my group can think outside the box!

No comments:

Post a Comment